2012 EMLENTON-ROMANIAN SUMMER CAMP
18-31 AUGUST 2012
Starting this year, the camp of the Archdiocese will have a patron and a name. Throughout the few weeks on Facebook children could vote the Protector and camp name. Therefore we can announce that from now one our camp will be called: "St. Filofteia" Summer Camp and hopefully will be a nice opportunity for our young people from the parishes of our Archdiocese to regain their way to Christ and to church.
This year we will have a program addressed to Christian families. Between August 23 to 26 priests along with their families and hopefully other Christian families, members of our churches who want to spend four days of relaxation in a wonderful and blessed place are expected to attend. We will have spiritual conversations with HE Archbishop Nicholas, classes of glass painting or church music, and Bible study. Two topics of interest will be presented then: "Marriage and the Christian family in St. Paul's Letters" and "Genesis-Bible study. Prelude to a drama. Original sin". Speakers will be announced later. The price of these four days is $ 200. This includes accommodation, three meals and participation in programs mentioned above.
But I would like to remind all of you about the application at the summer camp.
On this PLEASE use next Sunday June 24 to talk about camp and if you have from your parish same applications I would ask you to bring the completed forms at the Montreal Congress. In this way not only we will save money but also and a lot of time. Mail from Canada to the U.S. as time is an impasse.
The Camp will be held from August18 to 31. The Camp’s theme is “Love thy neighbor”
The program includes participation at morning and evening services, dance, painting icons, music classes, reading opened discussions, sport activities like swimming, volleyball, football and trips.
The price is 275$ for each child for one week. Children under 7 years will participate at no cost but they have to be accompanied by the parent or by designated person who will pay full cost.
In order to participate in this program the parent need to fill in the attached forms and they have to be sent together with the payment at the address mentioned in the forms. The NEW DEADLINE for entries is AUGUST 6 2012. You can find them on the website of the Archdiocese www.romarch.org or www.romanianholytrinity.org
Attached is the Flyer of the summer camp in Romanian for your parish Sunday bulletins in the weeks to come, with the application for the participants. You can also save in your computers and present in parishes the movie about the last year camp. It has two parts and a total of 20 minutes. Use the links below to download and you have permission to post videos and flyers wherever you think is a good opportunity to make known our camp.
Part 1 = http://www.mediafire.com/?j5u1cija52o6ec1
Part 2 = http://www.mediafire.com/?fbbaf2cqduu7cz7
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information, either by email (email@example.com ) or by phone. (585-924-8737).
This year’s summer cam season of our Archdiocese will begin on August 18 and close in August 31. "Love thy neighbor" will be this year's theme. The program includes participation at morning and evening services, dance, painting icons on glass, music and Romanian language classes, reading and opened discussions, sport activities like swimming, volleyball, soccer, hiking and more.
The schedule for two weeks of camp:
-Week 1: August 18-24 -ages 14-18. (The campers will arrive Saturday August 18 after 5 pm and they will leave Friday, August 24 after 5 pm or not later than Saturday August 25 before 10 am)
-Week 2: August 25- 31- ages 7-13. (The campers will arrive Saturday August 25th after 12 pm and they will leave Friday August 31, before 12 pm)
- Applications should be submitted by July 21st, to V. Rev. Fr. Daniel Adrian ENE:
56 Andrews Street
Victor, NY 14564-1262
Hm Phone: 585-924-8737
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR CANADIAN CAMPERS
-Our Canadian Campers needs to make their payments in U.S. funds. (Money orders or bank checks submitted in U.S. funds).Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.-
Please do not delay. The cost is $275 per week/person. (a $25 increase comparing with past years forced by the Ukrainian camp committee increase). The kids under 7 years are free but they must be accompanied by one of the parents or legal guardian who will pay full cost. Applications received after July 21st will be assessed a $25.00 late processing fee. Email or phone reservations are not accepted. Please note that space is limited to 88 campers per week. You may download applications in PDF format below. Applications will be available through your local clergy or Fr. Daniel Ene at 585-924-8737 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE that health forms are the same for camper, counselor, or volunteer applicants. Camper Health forms must be submitted prior to your arrival at Emlenton.
COUNSELORS, LIFEGUARDS AND VOLUNTEER STAFF NEEDED:
We are looking for a few good Orthodox men and women to serve as counselors, lifeguards and volunteer staff for the upcoming season. The summer camp program, including staff orientation, runs on Saturday, August 18 from 10 am to 5 pm in Emlenton PA. Attendance at orientation is mandatory.
Candidates at least must be practicing Orthodox Christians who are physically active, love working with children and spending time in the great outdoors. Knowledge of Romanian is an asset but not required. Teachers on summer sabbatical and college-age education majors are encouraged to apply. Their presence its volunteer and will not be paid.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and be in good health. Enjoy working as a part of a team, focusing on their specific responsibilities rather than the activities of the campers and staff. While we encourage parents to come with their children, please understand that in order to facilitate the camper’s growth in a setting away from home and to allow them to be “campers,” your interaction with your child will be limited. Questions or problems should always be referred to senior staff.
The necessary volunteers are:
-Cabins supervisors (4 men and 4 women each week)
Listed below are some of the tasks these volunteers typically perform.
• All meal and snack preparation, setup and clean-up of tables when their cabin its scheduled
• Dormitory housekeeping. Are 8 kids usually in the cabin.
• Assist with activity setup when requested
• Maintenance of facilities
• Laundry helping, the kids
• Assist with special projects as directed by camp director and/or senior staff.
- Certified Lifeguards, 1 lifeguard for each week (We accept the same person for both summer camp weeks)
• 18 years or graduating Senior in High School
• Life Guard Certifications –valid through September 15, 2012
• Commitment to work 7 or more one-week sessions.
• Clean Federal & State Criminal Background report
• Must be extremely flexible, patient, and positive
• Must feel comfortable speaking in front of children, speaking to parents/guardians, and providing direction.
-Nurses. 1 nurse for each week.
Camp Nurse Responsibilities
- Dispense meds
- First aid for minor injuries
- Ensure health and safety of campers and staff
- Daily sick call
- Weekly health checks
- Communicating specific camper health needs (allergies, special diets) to staff
- Medical record keeping
- Liaising with local doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies
- Make sure transitioning doctors are informed of Health Center procedures and current medical issues
- Communicate with parents
- Accompany sick/injured campers or staff to the hospital or to medical appointments
- Be a "summer mom/dad" to our campers
- Participate in camp activities and events
Qualifications and Requirements
- RN or LPN degree (or nursing student-to assist in Health Center)
- Flexible-- able to adapt to different environments and schedules
- Confidence in nursing skills
- Prior experience with children (does not have to be in a medical capacity)
- Enjoy an active lifestyle
- Team player
- ER and/or pediatric unit experience preferred, but not required
- New nursing graduates and nurses with families are welcome
- Kitchen Stuff. 3 persons for each week.
Responsibilities. Prepare food for 3 meals on a day and 1 snack. Assure the food is balance and in according with the provision of the Health Department. Supervise and disciple young kids in waitressing meals, setting tables, cleaning dining hall, and assisting kitchen staff, managing young kids in dish washing and general cleanliness of the kitchen.
We also encourage any adult with special talents in arts and crafts or any parent/grandparent who wishes to give of their time to please come. Your time at Camp is so appreciated.